Before you Begin:
- Get the Google app from the App Store
- Sign in with your Google Account
- If you have an Android phone:
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Tap Accounts, then Add Account
- Select Google and sign in with your District Account
Step 1: Start 2-Step Verification Process
Step 2: Use Your Phone as Second Sign in
- Ensure your phone is listed (as shown below.) If it is not, then please go back to the Before You Begin section of this article and follow the instructions for your type of phone.
- Follow the instructions on your Screen and on your phone to finish setting up 2-Step Verification on your phone.
Optional: If you do not have or do not wish to use a smartphone, click on Show More Options at the bottom and select Text Message or Voice Call. You will then be prompted for a phone number.
Step 3: Add a Backup Option
If you lose your Cell phone or your second step is unavailable, you'll need a backup option to help you get in to your account. You Must choose one of these options to complete the Setup.
Option 1: Setup up secondary Number
- Enter a secondary number, not the cell phone just used, into the area provided. This can be a home line, second Cell Phone, or desk phone if you have one.
- Follow the instruction on your screen to Verify the backup phone number works.
Option 2: Create a List of Backup Codes
Backup codes are one-time passcodes that you can use to sign in when you're away from your phone. Each code can only be used once.
- Click "Use Another Backup Option"
- Either Print or Download the randomly generated code provided and Store them in a safe place should you require them if you lose your phone. These should not be saved in the account that you are activating 2-Step Verification.
Step 4: Finishing Up
Once you select your backup Option simply Turn On which will activate 2-Step Verification for the PUHSD District Account.
Once you're finished, you'll be taken to the 2-Step Verification settings page.
Review your settings and add multiple verification methods, if desired. The next time you sign in, you'll receive a pop up on your cell phone with a verification code.
If you are still having Issues changing your password, please contact the Help Desk